Monday, October 5, 2009

Canning that heat: thieves in the night

Alright, so this Saturday has been a very big deal. While doing this project, i’ve experienced aspects of business networking, time management, the works; but today i had my first taste of competition. A rival student (i won’t name names {Rico}) slipped into my house in the heat of the morning and “cleaned” my house for me, namely by collecting all of my hard earned cans!

i received a phone call from this fellow hunter while i was working, so the call was ignored, but i resolved to call him back. During my lunch, i give this guy a call to discover that his reason for calling earlier was to inquire about cleaning the cans from the party at my pad last night for the MESIA club. i said “hell no,” and in response, the unnamed individual {Rico} revealed he had already been into my pad and done the deed. Bummer.

The day dragged on and i received a text while still at work, this time from one of my frequent house clients giving me the inside scoop on a couple bags of cans at his house. i was excited about this because it sounded like these fellows had a pretty good haul with my name on it. So i get out of work at 5, and in my foolishness, i buy two slices of pie from Sabarro’s at the mall (i used my “anticipated” can money, as well as a little of the left over 5 from the previous night). Two slices of pepperoni and a Dr. Pepper to be exact, totaling in $7.50! “WHAT?!” i exclaim, still in my loud and obnoxious build-a bear voice, the cashier gave me a puzzled look as i tried to sweet talk her into giving me some kind of discount. “I don’t make the prices” she retorts, ya but you do take my money…burn.

Anyway the pizza was filling, and i get on the move to start out my Saturday. Due to my family being down for the weekend and the hustle and bustle of things, i wasn’t able to get to the house to reel in the aluminum. Still under this “umbrella” of anticipated can money, i go out to a party with intentions of doing a Sunday morning salvaging.

At the party, i’m hanging with an individual by the name of Tom, the roommate of the one who called me earlier. i tell him the story bout how the unnamed character {Rico} collected my booze money, and how i was planning on swinging to his place the next day. While i told this story, his eyes got a little wider...


“What’s up?”

“Frank man, I’m sorry but the unnamed collector {Rico} called our house earlier and asked if you and him could collect our cans. We said yes.”

“Whoa i had no part in his MESIA can drive.”

“Ya, we figured it out when he came with someone else, I had a pile, all bagged up for you too and they took it.”

“Rat bastards.”

“Word.”

Lesson learned: don’t pay for things using anticipated can money.

Summary

Anticipated can money + pizza = i($5.20-7.50)= -$2.30

i was lucky enough not to have to spend any money Saturday because i went to a house party. However, i am anticipating a very, very big haul this Friday, as my friends will be holding their first big rager of the school year. The stakes are high for the week at hand though, since my weekend will be starting Thursday with my 21st birthday.

Can Frank Cutie collect enough cans to last him 3 days of bar prices?

Can he find a way to better manage his time?

Can he keep up with the lost battalion of platonic conversationalists jumping
down the stoops off fire escapes off windowsills
off Empire State out of the moon,
yacketayakking screaming vomiting whispering facts
and memories and anecdotes and eyeball kicks
and shocks of hospitals and jails and wars,
whole intellects disgorged in total recall for seven days
and nights with brilliant eyes, meat for the
Synagogue cast on the pavement?


Tune in next week to find out.

Sidenote to the unnamed indivdual
i'm just messing with you, your the man.

No comments:

Post a Comment