Monday, October 5, 2009

Canning that heat: business exchanges

A lot has happened this week, so let’s get caught up. To begin with, we take a stroll back to Monday, September 29.

Monday was a long day of thinking about can collecting, with little/no activity towards actually doing it. Earlier that day, i received some Intel about a treasure chest of cans with my name on it, but i just didn’t get around to it. Rather than doing homework or getting work done, i found myself caught in a rap trance. My beats and rhymes were flowing smoothly and i just couldn’t get any work done due to a continual flow of unconscious rhymes within any homework i attempted. i decided to let the can collecting wait until the next day and channeled my groove. i was going to post some of the verses but felt that so much comes through presentation and merely writing it would not represent accordingly (i’m going to record it soon and link it up here). Maybe i’ll write my next post in verse.

Jumping back to the aluminum aspect, my muse resulted in someone else depositing that treasure chest with my name on it. i lost a good 10 bucks, but abasetnza bene.

Let’s hit the time machine again and jump to Friday, the 2nd of October and the 9th year of 2000. Today i received another can call and went to a house for a pickup, this time i did not procrastinate.

It worked out real well and got about $5.20 from the deposits.

With my $5.20, i decided to start my night by journeying to the store to buy beer. i get there around 10 and push through the mounds of people to get to the beverage coolers. While i was in the back picking my weapon of choice, a chick approached me.

“Are you 21?”

“No, but i’m buying these, point to my beer, anyway.”

“Sweet, do you think you can pick up some stuff for me and my friend?”

And being aware of budget and opportunity, i reply “Sure, but can you buy me a Joose?”

“Sure.”

Score.

But little did i know that her single “friend” consisted of three dudes, three chicks, frenzicly loading me up with various drinks. By the time i got to the counter i had a 40oz Budweiser, a Joose, and at least 8 other cans and 40’s. Anyways, the total came to $28, and since they were obviously freshmen, they were all paranoid not letting the cashier see them give me. Once i got to the counter i counted the loot; $37 to cover it all, which meant they were paying for my 40 too.

Although some bleeding heart might be against buying for minors, i’m a minor as well and we had a mutually beneficial exchange.

The night continued, leading to a party and a discussion of this project (which opened up a “can” of possibilities). Recently, my project has gained some street publicity and i was asked by multiple people to go clean their house and get rid of cans. i am defiantly going to use this to my advantage and with a steady couple of houses, i might be able to start collecting double digit figures each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment