Friday, September 25, 2009

Canning that heat: pay pay numero uno

With my car load of cans (yes, i am using a car for transport, but my mom will need it back eventually, so i will be getting down with a shopping cart soon enough) i journey to Price Chopper.

i was going to make the first deposit on Tuesday, i rolled up around 5ish, but there was a long line, so i decided to leave the cans in my car and return the next day.

Round two, can time.

i unload the cans, get them all set up in a shopping cart (even tie a bag around the handle) and push the cart from my car through the parking lot.

i don't know if your familiar with novelty soda, but there is a certin kind that comes in green bottles and bumblebees/hornets/wasps/honeybees are drawn to the stuff like crack. For example, i've seen 5-6 bees trap themselves in the bottle within a 5 hour time span.

i have a few of these bee-bottles in my shopping cart.

As i said, it was about 5, a beautiful day and i'm pushing my shopping cart to the deposit station when this bee starts buzzing around. i don't really care, he's zipping around the bags and i start depositing.

About ten minutes into it, i get to the bottom of the shopping cart. i'm working pretty hard, i'm in the zone when i get to a green bottle and SWOOSH, the bumble from outside (he was actually a wasp) flies out at me, obviously pissed, and starts circling around my head. i'm a freaking coward and run outside flapping my hands.

After a couple seconds, i recompose myself, collect my deposit stubs and make a sweet $12.10 for next weekend.

DEPOSIT TIPS:

-Try to deposit the cans/bottles in a row so you don't end up with $.05 stubs (if you wait too long, the machine will automatically print out the slip).

-Wash your hands after.

-Be weary of 3/4 full Coors bottles, they tend to splash all over your hands (it happend to me 3 times).

-Wash your hands after.

No comments:

Post a Comment